Emma


Book Review

Emma, by Jane Austen (1816)

 This week I read Emma. This book is a romance fiction. I liked this story because this story made me fun and I wanted to love with someone.
 I wrote down three quotes and will discuss them. The first one is Mr. Knightley said, “She is your equal, Emma. She is not rich and clever like you and I was ashamed of you for speaking to her like that. And it was worse because you said it in front of other people. Badly gone, Emma. Very badly gone.” (p.42) In this scene, Emma felt angry with herself and ashamed what she did to Miss Bates. And she thought she must change herself. She decided to grow up. The second one is “Dear Emma, time will help you forget him.” (p.49) I like this sentence because the way of thinking has never changed: Time will heal everything. The last one is “She thought it sounded very plain and was nothing compared to her own wedding.” (p.55) I thought comparing something was bad way of thinking, too.
I want to recommend this book. There are two reasons. First, people leave when they are self-righteous. I could learn from this book. Second, the setting was England, in the 19th century. It was fun to read about this time period. About the language difficulty—it was easy to read but a longer book. I give this book 7 stars out of 10.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Pocahontas

KUNG FU PANDA HOLIDAY

Australia and New Zealand